Loose Covers - Brighouse Sports Club - 1st March Action Duchenne Charity Event




Okay, this is a bit different to the normal reviews on the blog, but as I organised it I think it should go on.

Firstly we raised over £1,500 for Action Duchenne which was an excellent result.

So onto the band – Loose Covers, we had two sets. The first opened with an excellent version of Bakers Street, setting the standard for the whole evening. The second set (which got every one dancing) kicked off with Caroline and included Come Up and See Me, Brown Eyed Girl, Rocking All Over the World, Brown Sugar Money for Nothing and many many more that I can’t remember. A special highlight for me was the Marc Bolan trilogy of I love To Boogie, Jeepster and Get it On – wonderful.

Loose Covers were simply brilliant – well done lads.

We made over £400 on the raffle. This got me thinking perhaps struggling rock bands should hold a raffle mid way through their sets. £1 a ticket, with prizes of a signed CD or Tour T shirt. Do you think It will catch on?

I suppose I’ve along way to go to catch up Harvey Goldsmith, but who knows perhaps I might have a go at something else sometime. Are Led Zepplin available next year?

NH

Popular Posts from last 30 Days