Mosaicist - Cardigan Arms Leeds 23rd April

The reason I’m here tonight is that I used to work with the drummer of Mosaicist, Neil Atkinson. They have not played a live show for around two years (due to singer “problems”) so I’d not had a chance to see them before.

I can’t say that their music is my usual fair, but I enjoyed the set and was more than impressed with Mr Atkinson’s drumming display. The new singer, Vicky, was very good as well. The set opened with Fate I Hate, which I have to say is my favourite from the EP. The set also included Waiting, Dirty War (also from the EP) and Jigsaw All these are available to listen to on the web at http://www.mosaicist.co.uk. If your time is limited definitely check out Fate I Hate.

Very professional and I would certainly check them out again.

Earlier in the night we saw The Winchell Riots from Oxford and Brooke Taylor, an acoustic singer/guitarist who was brilliant.

I have to say for a “pub gig” the standard was very high and well worth the trip to Leeds.

NH

Popular Posts from last 30 Days