LA Guns - Love/Hate Leeds Rios 26th Sept

A bit of confusion in my mind as to who was the “headline” act on this one if there was one? The first advert I saw had LA Guns in big writing with Love/Hate underneath in smaller writing. When I went to buy my ticket the gig was just listed as Love/Hate in the shop and the ticket itself had Love/Hate in big writing with LA Gun underneath in smaller writing.

When I got to Rio’s I found out there were four acts on tonight. I’d missed the first one, but caught New Generation Superstars who gave a good sleazy performance. Next up were Love/Hate, a band I’d never seen before. They went straight into Black Out in the Red Room and the place went mental. The set list was mainly from the Black Out in the Red Room CD and some mighty fine tracks there were to. If you not heard this CD I’d highly recommend it, a real classic, and I’m not sure how it passed me by. The whole set was greeted with pumped up energy all the way through, well worth seeing.

It was some task for LA Guns to follow, the crowd at the front had thinned a bit by the time they hit the stage but to my slightly biased eyes Philip Lewis and the band just pulled it off. The set was an LA Guns greatest hits set, with one track from the most recent CD thrown in, all in all I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Not bad for £15 plus booking fee

NH

Popular Posts from last 30 Days