Joe Bonamassa - Sheffield City Hall 28th April 2009

I was really looking forward to this show, having been bowled over last time the man was in town. I was also mightily impressed by the new CD “The Ballad of John Henry” I predict this will be amongst my top 3 CDs of 2009.

We had central seats six rows from the front, so a great view was assured. We were treated to a great set that included a lot from the new CD. Joe Bonamassa took us through his whole range of guitar skills from acoustic to electric, but I don’t think I was quite prepared for the flying V look. For one moment I thought we were going to get a Michael Schenker cover.

To make the evening complete the set finished with one of my favorite songs Asking Around for You.

Joe appeared to have lost some weight since I last saw him and he really looked good for it.

Oli Brown was sat at the end of our row; it appears it was the first time he’d seen Joe Bonamassa play.

I’m already looking forward to seeing Joe Bonamassa in Leeds in December. NH

Popular Posts from last 30 Days