Tygers of Pan Tang - Black Flag Wakefield 7th October 2011

Tonight’s show at the Black Flag in Wakefield is being held in aid of the Ben Manning Music Foundation.


Unfortunately I missed the start of the set by young Leeds based band Black Water, but what I did catch I really enjoyed. Killer from the great five track EP was one my favorites. Black Water are playing some shows in the north of England over the next few weeks so if you get a chance check them out.
Next up were Lockin, to start with I didn’t think they were going to my type of band but I really enjoyed their set. Great fun, and what a body on bass player Ben Dickinson! I believe I’ll be lucky enough to see them again supporting GMT at Bradford Rio’s in November, so looking forward to that.
I had been disappointed the last time I’d seen the Tygers of Pan Tang, when they were plague by a poor sound system. No such problems tonight though as the band took us through a blistering set, that open with Euthanasia. The majority of the set came from the Wildcat, Spellbound and Crazy Nights albums, but we also had input from the recent Animal Instinct CD in the shape of Hot Blooded and If You See Kay, and it was good to see that they got a good reception from the crowd. Highlight of the evening for me was a rocking version of Suzie Smiled. The evening was brought to the end with … of course.. Love Potion Number 9.
Three great bands, for ten quid and for a good cause as well, not a bad value Friday night out.

NH

Popular Posts from last 30 Days