Vardis – Wakefield Unity Hall 13 December 2014


Firstly I must comment on the Venue which has recently been restored, and what a fantastic job has been done on it.  The concert hall is up the grandest flight of stairs I’ve ever been up to attend a gig.

So after a pause of 30 years Vardis are back together with a line-up of Steve Zodiac, Gary Pearson and Terry Horbury. Having done a few shows together through the summer this “home coming” was being recorded for a new live CD, a follow up to 100MPH!

Opening up with Situation Negative it was as if the band had never been away. The smiles on the faces of the crowd grew bigger as each song from Vardis past got an airing. The Crowd were a bit less familiar with the songs from the Vigilante album, which had a troubled release in 1985 due to contractual problems but has just been re-released on CD for the first time and I have to say it sounds great. Tonight we had Radio Rockers, Learn How to Shot Straight and Don’t mess with the Best. SI was delight that Vardis played one my favourites in Where There’s Mod there’s Rocker along with some of the more standard classis such as Destiney, I’m Loser, Gary Glitter Part 1, Lets Go, The World’s Insane and If I Were King.
It’s great to have you back guys, looking forward to the live CD and let’s hope it not another 30 year until I see you live again.
NH

Popular Posts from last 30 Days